Thursday, June 19, 2014

Making my own Starbucks Frappuccino - DIY (Do It Yourself) style!

Starbucks has been my favorite coffee shop for a long time and whenever I used to see about them in movies or TV, I used to wonder when I will be able to have coffee there. So I was really happy when Starbucks finally opened in Bangalore around eight months back and was really hoping to go there soon. But I went there only around a month back when I went to Starbucks in Mahadevapura Phoenix Market City Mall where I couldn't enjoy as much as I didn't know that I could customize my coffee!! 


Recently when Starbucks India invited me to check out their Frappuccinos and also have an opportunity to make them on my own, I was very happy and decided to take up the offer! With a tagline "Say yes to a world of extraordinary flavors", I was really impressed and decided to visit the Indiranagar Starbucks in Bangalore to choose my favorite type of milk, adjust my coffee and to add more flavor to make my perfect Frappuccino!




We tried out many different Frappuccinos. One was the Mocha Frappuccino which is loaded with sweetened whipped cream and rich mocha-flavored sauce, blended with milk and ice - this beverage promises a sweet, creamy and cold indulgence. Another was the Java Chip Frappuccino. For those who love the taste of chocolate, especially lots of it together with iced coffee, the Java Chip Frappuccino® is the ultimate beverage. Topped with sweetened whipped cream and a deliciously sweet chocolate-flavored drizzle, this wondrously decadent beverage has rich, chocolaty chips punctuating a cool, refreshing blend of coffee and mocha flavors.


I tried my hand at creating a Frappuccino with the help of the store manager Vibhor. He was very helpful and patiently explained to me what all I should do to create my own variety of Frappuccino. Initially I created the Caramel Frappuccino under his guidance. This delectable treat is Starbucks' most popular Frappuccino Blended Beverage. The coffee has a distinct bold flavor but comes as easy-drinking. Its core ingredient caramel lends a unique buttery sweetness while the fluffy swirl of whipped cream adds just the right touch of decadence.


Other Frappuccinos I liked were the coffee-free ones like the Green Tea Cream which is green tea, milk and ice with whipped cream and vanilla cream which is vanilla syrup, milk and ice with whipped cream. I didn't enjoy the espresso mocha much as it was just a shot of rich espresso and milk blended with ice. I'm not much of a plain coffee person. I need my coffee with its added accompaniments!


The prices for ‘Tall’ size of the Frappuccinos are as follows:

Mocha Frappuccino – Rs 160
Caramel Frappuccino – Rs 180
Javachip Frappuccino – Rs 165

Also, the customization charges range from Rs 20 to Rs 45.



Did you know that the Frappuccino Blended Beverage was invented 17 years ago at a Starbucks in Santa Monica, California, by a store partner looking to provide an iced beverage for his customers? The rest as they say is history! It's one of the most popular beverages in Starbucks right now! Starbucks entered the Indian market in October 2012 and currently operates forty four stores in India across Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Pune and Bengaluru. Starbucks stores are operated by the joint venture, Tata Starbucks Limited, and branded as Starbucks Coffee - “A Tata Alliance”.   

No comments:

Post a Comment